Home Page Store Engine Packages Photo Albums

Thread: ported fast 102 vs ported ls6

Hybrid View

Default ported fast 102 vs ported ls6

Hello,

My 02 Firehawk trans am has 241 heads, ls6 intake and throttle body that were all ported and polished by your company a few years back.

I believe I am developing a small head gasket leak so when I pull the heads I was considering sending the heads back to you to have them looked over to ensure nothing is warped/cracked. While they were there I was wondering if you could port/polish a fast 102 intake/throttle body to match the heads again.

I am wondering if I would see any considerable gains over the ls6 as well as what the prices would be? Should I buy a fast intake and send in with heads, or buy from you? Or is the fast 102 overkill for ported 241 heads?

I am running a comp cam 228R 112. Car is a m6, last dyno run was 434 rwhp/ 421rwtq

Should I consider running a larger cam if I go with the fast 102?

I am just trying to figure out what the best combo to match with the heads that I can.

Thanks for your time and any advice you can give me.

I could be way, way off, but I would think a 102mm TB would be way too big for a naturally aspirated 5.7. The LSA and LS9 only run 87mm for 6.2L Supercharged and 556 and 638hp respectively. And going to a ported 90mm only makes about 6hp, so I would think going bigger then that would make nothing, and possibly hurt power due to a lack of velocity.

I'm sure Tim will set me straight if I'm wrong.