Home Page Store Engine Packages Photo Albums

Thread: LPE Differential Blowing Oil

1. Question LPE Differential Blowing Oil

My LPE differential has blown nearly all the oil out the vent tube. I didn't notice it until it started getting noisy, at which point I put it on a lift to see if something was rubbing. The entire underside of the rear section of the car is drenched.

I had noticed oil droppings on the driveway but assumed those were from my brothers junker.

I'm afraid I've ruined a $5K differential. After refilling it with oil, it still blows out the vent tube and now makes a whining noise

Can someone help me out here? PLEEEAASE!

Flag Differential Issues

We are currently working on and testing a fix for the vent issues. We hope to have that completed soon. Because of the situation with the vent overflowing we will have American Axle go back through your differential and replace any damaged parts so its 100% like it was when you first got it at no charge. Let me know when you would like to ship it back to us and hopefully you still have the shipping container.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tim@Lingenfelter View Post
    We are currently working on and testing a fix for the vent issues. We hope to have that completed soon. Because of the situation with the vent overflowing we will have American Axle go back through your differential and replace any damaged parts so its 100% like it was when you first got it at no charge. Let me know when you would like to ship it back to us and hopefully you still have the shipping container.
    Thanks Tim...I don't have the container unfortunately, but I can try to find something that will work. Do you have any idea what the turnaround time would be for the repair?

We should be able to turn it around in about 10 days.

5. Default

Tim,
    Since this oil blowing issue is a manufacturing defect, will LPE or American Axle pickup the shipping cost for this? I already have to pay for someone to pull and re-install it. If so, how do I go about arranging the shipping?

Steve

Please ship it back to Lingenfelter @ the Indiana location and I will PM you our UPS account number to take care of the shipping expense. Please be sure to insure it.

We now have a updated differential vent system and this will be included in the differential kit. Past customers will be provided the vent systems at no charge.

8. Default

Hi Tim, is this fix external to the diff housing? can you post a picture of it?

I am wondering if mine would have the updated parts, since I just received my 9.5 back from you/American axle a few weeks ago. Not sure what it looks like or how to tell..

thanks,
    -Dan