Home Page Store Engine Packages Photo Albums

Thread: 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 Ratio Ring & Pinion Gear Sets - Now Instock

Default 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 Ratio Ring & Pinion Gear Sets - Now Instock

Lingenfelter now offers an upgraded 3.70 ratio ring & pinion gear set for the 2010 Camaro SS 218 mm differential. The gear set will fit both manual & automatic transmission equipped V8 Camaro. Lingenfelter is taking pre orders and will have ring & pinion sets in stock December 17th. We also will be offering a limited slip carrier for the automatic transmission equipped V6 cars as well as a 3.45 ratio ring & pinion set soon.

Click here to go to the store
    Last edited by Tim@Lingenfelter; 12-16-2009 at 03:03 PM.

2. Default

What advantages/disadvantages will this give the LS3 manual Camaro with the LPE650 package. I was under the impression this could make 1st gear a waste for a supercharged application.

Default 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 Ratio Ring & Pinion Gears - RPM In Each Gear

In a Lingenfelter 650 hp supercharged Camaro with street tires first gear traction will be limited with the stock ring & pinion or a 3.70 ratio. However in higher gears the added torque multiplication with the 3.70 ratio will improve acceleration. You could run even more gear ratio to further improve the torque multiplication but the overall driveability and highway cruising engine rpm would start to become an issue for some drivers.

The 2010 Camaro runs around 108 - 112 MPH in the 1/4 mile and will be close to maximum engine RPM in a quarter mile pass in 3rd gear. Any increase in performance will require shifting to 4th before you go through the lights leaving you well below your engines power peak as you cross the finish line. The 3.70 ratio ring & pinion will help to improve on this condition without dramatically affecting highway cruising RPM.

Here is a comparison of gearing on a 2010 Camaro SS to a 2002 Camaro. Please keep in mind that the 2010 Camaro is roughly 400 to 600 lbs heavier than the 1998-2002 Camaro and has a better weight distribution with more weight on the rear tires so traction should be less of a problem. Another important factor is that the wheel wells on the 2010 Camaro SS allow you to run a fairly tall slick or drag race tire that would not easily fit in the earlier Camaro.

This data is figured with stock tire diameters of 28.7" for the 2010 Camaro SS & 25.6" for the 2002 Camaro.

Default Camaro SS 3.70 Ratio Ring & Pinion Gear Sets In Stock

We have received our first shipment of the 3.70 ring & pinion gear sets for the 2010 Camaro SS. All orders will be shipped beginning Monday December 28th. Here is a link to the store.

Default For the daily driver...

Anyone,
    In the 800hp mod, which set is more recommended? Sorry for the novice question. I am just trying to figure out what would be best for me and the application I would use my car for. Mostly on street tires and runnin' on hte highway... Mostly :-). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Default 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 Ratio Ring & Pinion Gear Sets - Now Instock

With an 800 horsepower twin turbo package installed the 3.70 ring & pinion would help torque multiplication however you already will be traction limited with a DOT street tire so more gear may not in that case be the best thing to do.

Thanks, Tim. Makes sense. I can't wait to get this process started. Gettting my LPE car is all I think about anymore. It's like a drug!!! But a good one :-).