Home Page Store Engine Packages Photo Albums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: L250150309 10 bolt Hub instructions?

  1. #1

    Question L250150309 10 bolt Hub instructions?

    Do you have instructions for the 10 bolt pulley hub for the LSA? Only Page 20 from something was included with it. I'm assuming that was to show the order to tighten the fasteners? Does this just press on like the normal pulleys?

    And I asked about this on the phone on Monday, but just to confirm, the LSA's snout does NOT need to be machined? Just the LS9 does?

    Thank you.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_11CTSV View Post
    Do you have instructions for the 10 bolt pulley hub for the LSA? Only Page 20 from something was included with it. I'm assuming that was to show the order to tighten the fasteners? Does this just press on like the normal pulleys?

    And I asked about this on the phone on Monday, but just to confirm, the LSA's snout does NOT need to be machined? Just the LS9 does?

    Thank you.
    Just the factory LS9. Depending on what 10 bolt pulley you are running, additional modifications might be necessary. We can perform most all of these items for you as well to take out any guesswork, at very little cost. Just give us a call to discuss.

    thank you

    Jeff

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter View Post
    Just the factory LS9. Depending on what 10 bolt pulley you are running, additional modifications might be necessary. We can perform most all of these items for you as well to take out any guesswork, at very little cost. Just give us a call to discuss.

    thank you

    Jeff
    I'd do that, but I don't think the shop is going to be willing to. It would effectively kill one of their lifts for several days.

    The original plan was for them to pull the snout, me take the snout home for a port and polish job, them to swap the heat exchanger while I was doing that, I'd bring the snout back, they'd swap the pulley and then reinstall it.

    If I have to send you guys the snout for work, it adds several days in shipping, during which time the car wouldn't be able to be run or moved and would be stuck on the lift.

    I'll go talk to them and see what we can do, but I'm thinking that everything is going to have to be done here. Wish you had a shop in NYC or Long Island. :(

    Its the 2.35" pulley BTW. Hopefully there won't be any extra work needed.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_11CTSV View Post
    I'd do that, but I don't think the shop is going to be willing to. It would effectively kill one of their lifts for several days.

    The original plan was for them to pull the snout, me take the snout home for a port and polish job, them to swap the heat exchanger while I was doing that, I'd bring the snout back, they'd swap the pulley and then reinstall it.

    If I have to send you guys the snout for work, it adds several days in shipping, during which time the car wouldn't be able to be run or moved and would be stuck on the lift.

    I'll go talk to them and see what we can do, but I'm thinking that everything is going to have to be done here. Wish you had a shop in NYC or Long Island. :(

    Its the 2.35" pulley BTW. Hopefully there won't be any extra work needed.
    We could always do an overnight/overnight shipping option and I can do my best to have it done and out the same day it comes in?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter View Post
    We could always do an overnight/overnight shipping option and I can do my best to have it done and out the same day it comes in?
    The boss wasn't in when I went by today. I'll talk to him tomorrow and see if that will work. You don't happen to have a core program, do you?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_11CTSV View Post
    The boss wasn't in when I went by today. I'll talk to him tomorrow and see if that will work. You don't happen to have a core program, do you?

    Sorry to say, we don't....

  7. #7

    Default

    Okay, they won't do it Jeff. "Its not economical to leave a car on the lift if you aren't paying for time. We could be working on other cars."

    Let me just ask, does the chamferred part of the hub face the pulley or the blower. In the pic it looks like it faces the pulley, but that leaves a lot sticking out the front.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_11CTSV View Post
    Okay, they won't do it Jeff. "Its not economical to leave a car on the lift if you aren't paying for time. We could be working on other cars."

    Let me just ask, does the chamferred part of the hub face the pulley or the blower. In the pic it looks like it faces the pulley, but that leaves a lot sticking out the front.
    Which picture are you looking at Mike?

  9. #9

    Default

    Looking at this pic from the online catalog:


    Looks like the flat part goes towards the blower and chamferred part towards the pulley?

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_11CTSV View Post
    Looking at this pic from the online catalog:


    Looks like the flat part goes towards the blower and chamferred part towards the pulley?
    Yes this is correct.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •