Home Page Store Engine Packages Photo Albums

Thread: 99 MAF change to a 85mm?

Default 99 MAF change to a 85mm?

Guys
    I need another opinion please.
    Would I benifit any changing my stock 99 model MAF to a later 85mm?
    The car is a 99 FRC Lingenfelter installed maggie car.
    Mods are Mag 112, headers, h/flow cats, Ti exhaust, blower cam, blackwing w/ icebox. Forced Ind is new to me, Im not sure the 85mm will be worth anything.
    Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastif View Post
    Guys
    I need another opinion please.
    Would I benifit any changing my stock 99 model MAF to a later 85mm?
    The car is a 99 FRC Lingenfelter installed maggie car.
    Mods are Mag 112, headers, h/flow cats, Ti exhaust, blower cam, blackwing w/ icebox. Forced Ind is new to me, Im not sure the 85mm will be worth anything.
    Opinions?
    Hi Mastif,

The larger MAF will hardly be measureable in performance for your setup as it stands. With the headers and hi flow cats, your biggest limitation is the 112 supercharger. Now if you were to increase in displacement and the size of the supercharger, you would then want to increase the size of the throttle body and the MAF.

Default Thanks

Jeff,
    Thanks for the response.
    The car was making 440 rwhp @ 7.8 lbs before we added the Blower cam. This also was on a 100 degree day. The cam swap (feels like) it added another 50 hp. It has been road tuned for the cam swap, but not yet put back on the dyno.
    Also, with the winter here, and most days around 50 degree, the car is making right at 10 lbs of boost. I am pretty sure the car is going to exceed 500 rwhp, and that is why I was looking into the MAF.