clanky clanky 98 lingenfelter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clanky clanky 98 lingenfelter

Im new to the roller rocker fuel injection throttle body type cars ...more of the old school 2x4 or 3 duecs etc ...but with that said its all nuts and bolts anyway....bought this real deal 1998 with the paper work lingenfelter 2 years ago ...car is extremely fast no issues plate says 506 hp ...and i beleive it has that with no other power options all motor as they say ....any way its a very noisy motor my son in law who is half my age says it sound like roller rocker noise car has 75 k on it and on the top part of the motor....idk car doesnt miss or smoke and will smoke the tires at 45 mph when you kick her down....so are these cars normally clanky to me it sounds like rods slapping around he says its on the top but again im old school and i know this eng is built sio im not sure and can the roller rockers be adjusted ....any one else have noisey lingenfelter?

Can you make a video of the sound and post it here and we maybe able to help.

Comment

CORVETTTE VIDEO 026 at u tube

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	3952

You have to put the Youtube share script in the video link .

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	3953
        The one on the right that looks like film is for video (center one is for pictures)

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	3954
        Last edited by Tim@Lingenfelter; 05-20-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Comment

video

Originally posted by Tim@Lingenfelter View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4569[/ATTACH]

You have to put the Youtube share script in the video link .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4570[/ATTACH]
            The one on the right that looks like film is for video (center one is for pictures)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4571[/ATTACH]
            if thats not good i will try to make one with the eng just running and my mouth shut....car screams with power and never smokes skips misses etc but to me sounds clanky ...normal or not???

Comment

Clanky clank lingenfelter

HERE IT IS

Can you make a video of the sound and post it here and we maybe able to help.

Comment

The only thing I hear out of normal noises is what sounds like a belt tensioner squeaking. The LS engines all have some valve train noise and that is normal. You also have forged pistons which when the engine is cold will make more noise than when the engine is fully warmed up.

Comment

The only thing I hear out of normal noises is what sounds like a belt tensioner squeaking. The LS engines all have some valve train noise and that is normal. You also have forged pistons which when the engine is cold will make more noise than when the engine is fully warmed up.
                  Thank you Tim for that ...i was worried that the rods were knocking or i needed lifters ...the car is crazy fast i have had all big blocks all my life and i have had lot of them but this stroker motor will run away from them every day....just wondering were you able to here enough of the engine with me speaking or do you need to here a separate video?/ ...it does get a little quiter when it warms up ....anything that i should be doing for it with 75k miles on her???

Comment

Nothing specifically with that kind of mileage. If you send me the VIN I can look up your build and see exactly what is in the engine. PM it to me please.

Comment

Tim i was wodering if you got the vin code from your PM yet and what you found out?

Comment

It looks like our standard LS1 package that we do on the C5. Same as what is listed here http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...ls1-ls6-475-hp

Plus the transmission HD rebuild.

Comment

paperwwork on trans

It looks like our standard LS1 package that we do on the C5. Same as what is listed here http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...ls1-ls6-475-hp

Plus the transmission HD rebuild.
                          Tim, i dont have the paperwork on trans do you have anything at all on it in your files on the car ...???thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X