Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question regarding Lingenfelter intake w/ KnN filter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding Lingenfelter intake w/ KnN filter.

i bought the OEM type lingenfelter intake with KnN filter for my CTSV. everything was fine until finally inserting the metal intake through the rubbers on each side.
    PITA!!! it took me more than an hour to get it fit.

My question is,,. since the intake is curved, from the center point, is there a difference of left and right?
    are they considered same each sidemor is there a certain side i have to plug in with the ilter box or throttle body?

Yes that intake duct is directional. Here is a diagram showing the correct installation direction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CTS-V air duct L650140709_p.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	4005

Hump hose goes on the engine side, straight hose goes on the air box side.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim@Lingenfelter; 09-16-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Really, was this described on the instruction?

an can you please calrify Long Flat edge one more time in a different way? I don't really see the difference by seeing the picture nor the tube.

Comment

Red outline on the area I was referring to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CTS-V air duct L650140709.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	4004

Comment

Thanks Tim, so do you have any data or idea on how this intake + KnN filter performs over open dry intakes such as Airaid? whats the nunber increase i can expect from my intake while Airaid claims + 30hp ?

As u can see my order, I actually ordered both to compare and make a decision. I like the style and look of Linfengelter intake but did feel more power with Airaid.
          Last edited by uptownV; 09-16-2014, 10:49 AM. Reason: add more words

Comment

We did chassis dyno testing with most of the aftermarket CTS-V air intakes and didn't find any that made more power than what the LPE air intake and modified factory air box made with correct ECM tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim@Lingenfelter View Post
              We did chassis dyno testing with most of the aftermarket CTS-V air intakes and didn't find any that made more power than what the LPE air intake and modified factory air box made with correct ECM tuning.
              Wait,

does this intake+KnN require a re-Tune?
              I know it could be recommended, but is it a requirement?

There is no way i can get a custom tune here where I'm deployed.

If I really have to, the only option i have is a diablo canned tune.

What do u recommend?

Comment

All i have is a corsa, and intake now.

Comment

Working...
                X