2015 Silverado Magnuson Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Silverado Magnuson Install

My wife and I just finished the installation in our New Silverado. I have to say the installation went very smoothly and everything was spot on. We did take off the alternator and move it off to the side when we slid in the supercharger to make it easier to position. The hardest part of the install was removing the wiring that is attached to the back of the stock manifold by plastic christmas trees. These were very difficult to remove even with the proper tool. The power is immediately noticeable and it sure is fun to drive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0474.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	4691Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	4692

Well it's been almost 1 month and 1300 miles. I have Corsa Performance exhaust, K&N stock filter replacement, Micky Thompsons 33's on 20 inch rims and a 5 inch lift. Before I put the SC on the truck, I tried a tune. Yes, the tune made it slightly faster, but the performance tune could not be used with towing. On the other hand, the SC puts a smile on everyone's face that I give a ride. I have to watch how much throttle I give it from a dead stop since it will just roast the tires. The video doesn't do it justice. BTW, the only valid comments are from people that actually have DRIVEN it!
    The install was easy, and the power was immediately noticeable. I can manage to eek out almost 18 MPG city and highway if I keep my foot out of it. If I'm having fun with the SC, my mileage is around 13 mpg. But again, I'm not worried about the mileage. I had Magnuson turn off the AFM, and got better mileage. Go figure. Best Christmas present from my wife ever!

Magnuson's SC towing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgRSxU7j9_Q

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodder701 View Post
      Well it's been almost 1 month and 1300 miles. I have Corsa Performance exhaust, K&N stock filter replacement, Micky Thompsons 33's on 20 inch rims and a 5 inch lift. Before I put the SC on the truck, I tried a tune. Yes, the tune made it slightly faster, but the performance tune could not be used with towing. On the other hand, the SC puts a smile on everyone's face that I give a ride. I have to watch how much throttle I give it from a dead stop since it will just roast the tires. The video doesn't do it justice. BTW, the only valid comments are from people that actually have DRIVEN it!
      The install was easy, and the power was immediately noticeable. I can manage to eek out almost 18 MPG city and highway if I keep my foot out of it. If I'm having fun with the SC, my mileage is around 13 mpg. But again, I'm not worried about the mileage. I had Magnuson turn off the AFM, and got better mileage. Go figure. Best Christmas present from my wife ever!

Magnuson's SC towing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgRSxU7j9_Q
      Thank you for the feedback and update!

Comment

Congratulations. Nice truck.

Comment

Working...
        X