1978 Corvette Restomod
One of a kind full Custom Resto-mod 1978 Corvette. 600 HP / 500 LB FT Torque.
Over 4,000 hours of labor over 6 years have been put into this truly unique one of a kind show and touring vehicle.
Vehicle was featured in July 2018 issue of Corvette Magazine, took a 1st place award at 2018 Detroit AutoRama, finished top 25 at 2017 Franenmuth AutoFest,
took two 1st places awards at 2017 Corvette's America Show (judged and people's choice), and has won awards at other local car events.
- Engine: GM LS2 crate engine with EFI Edelbrock E-Force Intercooled supercharger. Kooks stainless coated long tube headers, custom dual exhaust with electric muffler bypass valves for straight piped exhaust.
- Transmission: Tremec 6-speed manual
- Chassis: Custom built Collier Technologies Stainless Steel C3 frame with an Electo-polish finish, 4-wheel independent C4 Corvette coil over and control arm suspension, Dana 44 rear end, hydro-boost braking system with Baer 6-piston performance brakes with drilled and slotted rotors, rack-and- pinion steering, stainless steel fuel tank,
- Interior: Custom fit C6 Corvette dash and center console wrapped in leather with red accent stitching, AutoMeter gauges, power tilt and telescoping steering column, Vintage Air system with air conditioning, custom Corbeau racing seats finished in leather with red accent stitching, race roll bar with 4-point racing harnesses, custom leather door panels, interior trim finished in suede, flat bottom steering wheel finished in leather and suede, power windows and locks.
- Radio: Custom Pioneer head unit with 6.2" touchscreen display
Navigation, backup camera, Bluetooth, AM/FM/CD/Sat ready with speakers in the driver/passenger foot wells and rear storage area.
- Body: All fiberglass with numerous custom finishes. Original mirrored T-tops with bags
- Full custom C6 Corvette headlamps - molds were made from OE C6 headlamp buckets, fiberglass parts were made from the molds, headlamp buckets were fully molded into the body.
- Full HID and LED setup was used.
- ront fascia - molded into the fenders to eliminate body lines, front license plate area reworked to follow body lines
- Rear fascia - customs molded to reveal exhaust tips
- Custom shaped and molded rear fender flares
- Side marker lamps were custom molded into the body
- Lighting: HID headlights, LED tail lamps, LED side markers, and LED reverse lamps.
- Wheels and Tires: C7 Z06 replica wheels -- 18" front and 19" rear. Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/40ZR18 front and 285/35ZR19 rear.