MGW is pleased to introduce the only full replacement shifter assembly for the Generation 5 Camaro. Addressing not simply the long throw of the stock shifter, the MGW Shifter also corrects the mushy rubbery vague feel of the stock mounting design and also the insufficient spring return for the 2-3 power shifts. After extensive testing we have come to the conclusion that the best combination of shift effort, speed, and smoothness is achieved with a 33 percent throw reduction design.
Key features that set this shifter design apart from the competition are:
- Full replacement assembly not simply a center shaft change out
- 33 percent throw reduction ideal for road course and drag racing less driver fatigue
- Integral spring return to 3-4 gate to assist in fast 2-3 powershifts and smooth 5-4 downshifts
- High temp. rear polyurethane bushing mount to remove OEM shifter sloppy feel and deflection
- All components are CNC machined and type 3 hard coat anodized aluminum or 303 aircraft grade stainless steel
- Kit comes complete with custom upper dust boots and sound and thermal insulation pads to provide quiet cool operation of shifter
- Patented sound dampening center shaft to prevent rattling that often plagues aftermarket shifters
- Accepts stock shifter knob as well as MGW Race Knobs and Gripper Knobs
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!
Lingenfelter Insider Access
Gain insider access for ALL things Performance. Sign up to receive exclusive information on Lingenfelter’s NEW parts & package releases!